Something in my neighborhood is seriously foul-smelling...I certainly hope this is not a regular occurence. I thought for sure that there was something wrong with my gas stove/oven, but when I opened the windows it got worse. Gross.
I'm working this week at the Norwalk branch of L.A. County P.L. I've just been shadowing the librarians and learning about the systems and applications that are used. It seems to be going well and everyone has been very nice and helpful to me. I'm sorry to say though, that I am so tired still from the past couple of weeks, that I'm having trouble staying focused and keeping my eyes open sometimes. Yesterday afternoon was especially difficult, and I almost fell asleep while a librarian was training me at the information desk. VERY embarrassing! I kept trying to keep alert: pinching myself, blinking repeatedly, squirming around in my seat. But nothing worked. She finally asked me if I wanted to take a break because it looked like my eyes were glazing over. Again, so very embarrassing!
Tomorrow someone is coming out to clean the carpets in my apartment. I am somewhat disgusted by how dirty they are (which is laughable considering how dirty the carpet was in my Seattle apartment, but at least i knew that was my dirt...ridiculous and completely illogical I know). I'm glad the apartment manager could get it arranged before my furniture arrives.
Toby is starting to get back to her old self. She's eating a little more and not hiding all the time. I suspect tomorrow's carpet cleaning will lead to a setback, but all in all, things are heading in the right direction.
1 comment:
Ever since my brother moved into his new apartment (this past Sat), his cat has been slinking around the place and sleeping with him under the blankets (she never did that before). It must be a cat thing.
Be kind to yourself: you've experienced a lot of stress and activity in the past few weeks. Of course you're tired.
Post a Comment