Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A day of annoyances

It started when I got to work this morning and the zipper on my skirt broke and could not be repaired. Annoying. It is only the second time I've worn it, but I've had it too long to return it. Annoying. Grrr. I taped it back together with book tape, but that wasn't holding very well, so I ended up stapling it - which meant that i was getting poked by staples all day long. Annoying.

Then I had a meeting with the benefits rep from the County so that could get signed up for insurance. It all went well until I found out that because I got signed up in October, my benefits won't start until DECEMBER. Annoying. And the reason I didn't get signed up until October is because THEY never contacted me...not through any fault of mine. I started Sept 8 and today is a full month from my start day. Ridiculous! And annoying! (And yes, I intend to talk to my supervisor about contacting the county to address the issue.)

And finally, I went to IKEA tonight to return a couple of things and to pick up some little shelf pegs for the bookcase I bought because 5 of them were missing from the box (annoying). The return went just fine, but then they told me they didn't have any of the little pegs available. BUT, if I had my receipt, they could do a return on my item and open a new box to give me the pegs out of there. WTF???? Are you serious? You have about 500 little bins with parts from your various furniture and you don't have any of these pegs available? I didn't have my receipt with me from that item, so I couldn't get the damn pegs. Annoying. So now I have to go back to get them...although I'm definitely going to a different IKEA.

...SIGH...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't get too annoyed!
Avoid the 'Noid!
:-)