Sunday, October 5, 2008

Can't believe it's been a month

I moved down here on Sept 4...that was a month ago yesterday. Crazy. It's still in the 70s most days here, and sometimes even warmer. It's just not right. It's October! And I think since I've been here there have only been 2 overcast days. WTF?

So I just had my first week at my library. It was alright. It's pretty slow in terms of getting some responsibility handed over to me, but I'm pushing for it as much as I can. Everyone there has been very welcoming and helpful, which is great. I share an office with the Teen/Children's Librarian. Eventually there will be a third librarian sharing with us.

Thursday night I ventured up to Pasadena to go dancing at Lindy Groove. Kristin Buxton, who moved here from Seattle last year, was celebrating her birthday, so I figured I'd go see what it was all about. And since I didn't have to work on Friday, I didn't mind being out late (although I still was home by 11pm...what a wuss). I danced a bit, and folks were pretty nice. But mostly I just felt old and tired. :(

Toby's limp is much improved and we play Q-tip fetch a little bit every day.

I miss Seattle and everyone I know there.

No comments: